Airport Revenue Generation*
Professional Certificate course, face-to-face: 5 days
Airports are continually faced with the challenge of achieving financial sustainability and economic independence. This course will engage participants to understand the role of innovation and competitiveness in the development of marketing strategy, along with the influence on overall airport strategic business planning. The relations between airport management, primary customers (airlines, passengers, cargo operators), and revenue concession providers will be examined for the purpose of establishing and maintaining long-term value propositions for all affected parties.
The overall course objective is to increase participant knowledge in regards to global best practices for the purpose of optimizing airport revenue generation and related revenue management. The course emphasizes the opportunities available to airport management to enhance all airport revenue sources including airline, non-aeronautical, and service delivery to third-parties.
Who should attend?
- Airport General Manager/ Executive Director
- Airport Finance Directors, Managers
- Airport Marketing and Commercial Managers
- Airport Operations Directors, Managers
- Airport Consultants
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the challenging environment and evolving business models that encourage airport management to focus on revenue generation that permit primary customer traffic expansion, non-aeronautical activity development, and the increasing efforts by airports to deliver non-conventional service innovations;
- Describe the relationship between airport marketing strategy and optimal revenue generation methods;
- Identify the best practices for determining target customer groups;
- Explain, in detail, the principles of business proposal development with application to the primary spheres of airport revenue generation including airline, passenger, and cargo traffic retention and expansion
- Define how airports plan and implement concession and land development programs
- Explain new Customer Relation Management tools and related customer outreach programs
- Describe demand forecasting techniques and the corresponding application of modern pricing strategy to prepare robust revenue forecasts
- Elaborate upon the proper methods to ensure airport revenues are collected and the use of benchmarking for maintaining airport revenue strategies at the leading edge of best practice
- Develop the team structure and prepare for implementation of sales efforts and business negotiations
- Integrate the learning from course topic areas and apply to the course case study exercise to demonstrate both a comprehension of the overall principles and detailed practices for successful revenue generation
||Abu Dhabi, UAE
* This course can be taken as an elective for the Airport Professional Accreditation Programme (AMPAP)