Airport Master Planning
Professional Certificate course, face-to-face: 5 days
An Airport Master Plan is an integral part of any airport’s development and expansion; indeed nowadays many airports are legally required to produce one. In addition, funding for developments from outside sources may not be available if an Airport does not have a Master Plan.
This 5 day course is designed to look in detail at the Master Plan process from start to finish. It considers why Master Plans are needed, examines the many topics that must be considered and shows who needs to be consulted. It also covers the detailed structure and organisation of the Master Planning team, the people and organisations who will use the final Master Plan and examines some methods that can be used to ensure it is understood by all users. Highly visual presentations, several practical exercises and comprehensive course notes are used to help delegates understand the Master Planning process.
- Examines the considerable number of topics that must be addressed when compiling a Master Plan
- Provides guidance on the International, National and Local Legislation that must be addressed when compiling a Master Plan
- Describes the importance of accurate forecasting and its relevant in the Master Planning process
- Studies the requirements and relationship between Airside, Airspace and Terminals
- Explains the relevance of Land Use surrounding an airport in the context of the Master Plan
- Illustrates the importance of the Master Plan to the success of the Airport Business
Who should attend?
The course should be attended by anyone who will be involved in managing parts an Airport Master Plan. This will include:
- Senior Airport Management who are to manage a Master Plan.
- Strategic Development Managers
- Airport Business Managers
- Airfield and Terminal Planners and Project Managers
- Civil Engineering Managers
- Environmental and Sustainability Managers
- National Regulators
- City and Town Planners
- Senior members from Financial Organisations who are involved in Airport Developments
- What is an Airport Master Plan?
- Legislation – ICAO (Aerodrome Physical Characteristics, Security, environment), IATA, National and Local Regulations
- Airport Economics
- Physical Planning – Airfield and Airspace
- Physical Planning – Passenger Terminals
- Physical Planning – Security
- Physical Planning – Other Ancillary and Commercial Facilities
- Sustainability and Environmental Impacts
- Presentation of Master Plan by Host Airport
- The use of simulation
- Practical exercises and discussions
- Review of examples of Master Plans
|23-27 Sept 2013||Istanbul, Turkey
|27-31 Oct 2013||Abu Dhabi, UAE||English||$2,100||$1,450||Register|