Introduction to Airport Master Planning
Professional Certificate course, face-to-face: 3 days
This 3 day course is designed to introduce delegates to the Master Planning process from start to finish. It provides delegates with an overview of Master Planning, why airports need a Master Plan and how one can be developed. At the completion of the course, delegates will have a basic knowledge of the contents of a Master Plan which will be achieved through visual presentation in the Classroom and Group Discussion.
- Explains the different elements of the Master Plan
- Provides guidance on the development process for the Master Plan
- Examines the different organisations who are involved in the Master Plan
- Explains the legislative requirements relevant in the Master Plan
Who should attend?
The course should be attended by anyone who will be involved in compiling or reviewing an Airport Master Plan. This will include:
- Senior Airport Management who oversee a Master Plan.
- Strategic Development Team members
- Airport Business Team members
- Airfield and Terminal Planners and Project Team members
- Civil Engineers
- Environmental and Sustainability Team members
- National Regulators
- City and Town Planners
- Team members from Financial Organisations who are involved in Airport Developments
- What is an Airport Master Plan?
- Understanding Forecasting and Airport Economics
- Physical Planning Elements including Security requirements
- Sustainability and Environmental Impacts
- The use of simulation
- Review of an example of a Master Plan