Understanding ICAO Annex 14
Professional Certificate course, face-to-face: 3 days
The ICAO Annex 14 sets out the fundamental rules and requirements for Airport Design and Operations, which states undertake to apply through national lows. ACI’s Understanding ICAO Annex 14 course explains, in understandable language with a practical approach, the requirements set out by Annex 14 and how they should be implemented by airport operator.
- Obtain a solid understanding of the regulatory framework ICAO has put in place to govern design, operation and safety at airports;
- Obtain a clear interpretation of the requirements set out in the Annex 14;
- Learn best practise approaches on how to fulfil to the requirements of Annex 14;
- Share experience with experts on the different options for implementation and learn more about best practises.
Who should attend?
- Safety Manager and Safety Staff,
- Airport Planning Staff,
- State Authorities in charge of supervising airports in their territory,
- Duty officers dealing with safety issues on a daily basis,
- SMS implementation and supervision staff.
- Legal Status Chicago Convention, Annexes and SARPS
- Airport Design and Master planning
- Layout Runways and Taxiways
- Layout Manoeuvring and Safety Areas
- Air Navigations System/Services
- Indicator and Signalling Devices
- Aerodrome Ground Lighting, Signals and Markings
- Aerodrome Safeguarding, ATM and ATC, ILS
- Communications and Navaids (VOR and Signals)
- Aeronautical Information (Markers, NOTAM, ATIS)
- Safety Management System (SMS)
- Airport Emergency Plans
- Audits and Risk Assessment
- Monitoring and Treatment of Obstacles
- Meteorological impact on airports
- Bird Hazard Management
- Runway Incursion and Excursion
|06-08 Oct 2013||Abu Dhabi, UAE||English||$ 1,400 USD||$ 950 USD||Register|