Airport Environment Management*
Professional Certificate Course, *AMPAP Elective
Duration: 5 days
This course provides the essential background to manage airport sustainably. It addresses important
aspects of sustainability and environmental management issues at an airport.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the concept of sustainable development and its impact on airport operations and
- Describe the key elements of environmental management systems.
- Describe the environmental and commercial advantages of a systematic approach to environmental
- Elaborate on the key environmental impacts on airports.
- Discuss the practical realities of planning for environmental improvements.
- Demonstrate the significance of airport stakeholders in determining environmental impacts and
realising potential solutions.
- Airport General Manager/ Executive Director
- Airport Operations Directors, Managers, Officers and Staff
- Airport Environment Directors, Managers, Officers and Staff
- Airport Construction and Engineering Directors, Managers and Staff
- Civil Aviation Authority Officials
- World Business Partners
- Sustainable development and the world economy
- Air transport and environmental aspects and impacts
- Sustainable development and environmental management
- Environmental management systems plans and implementation
- Climate change and carbon management at airports
- Aircraft noise monitoring, management and communication
- Water use and waster generation, treatment and minimisation
- Land-use and Habitat Management
- Local Air Quality (LAQ) – sources, impacts and management
|8-12 October 2017
||Abu Dhabi, UAE
* This course can be taken as an elective for the Airport Management Professional Accreditation Programme (AMPAP).