Online - Airport Environmental Management*
Professional Certificate Course,
Duration: 40 Hours
This course investigates the principles of sustainable development and environmental management. It covers the key environmental impacts associated with airport operations and growth, the benefits gained from effective environmental management and the essential elements of implementing an Environmental Management System (EMS) at your airport.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the airport industry’s latest challenges in regards to environmental management.
- Respond to environmental issues such as noise, local and global emissions, water and waste management.
- Implement an Environmental Management System.
- Airport General Manager / Executive Director
- Airport Operations Directors, Managers, Officers and Staff
- Airport Environment Directors, Managers, Officers and Staff
- Airport Construction and Engineering Directors, Managers and Staff
- Civil Aviation Authority Officials
- Introduction to airport environmental management and sustainable development
- Airport noise management and community relations
- Local air quality
- Climate change and greenhouse gas emissions
- Airport resource management
- Airport waste management
- Implementing an environmental management system
- Individual written environment assignment
|05 June–14 July 2017
* This course can be taken as an elective for the Airport Management Professional Accreditation Programme (AMPAP).