Airport Communications and Public Relations*
Professional Certificate Course,
Duration: 5 days
Airports are probably the most complex organizations in aviation. Airports are often presented as a city within a city where anything can happen and sometime does. Airport managers must have the capacity to deal with complex and sometimes political issues.
The Airport Communications & Public Relations course prepares airport professionals and managers to deal with the communication issues that may arise in daily but also in exceptional airport situations. Participants will learn the principles for creating strategic communication messages, which are aligned to the organizational mission and vision as well as provide the framework to address any communication issues that an airport professional may face.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the mission and communication plan of your organization.
- Identify the needs and culture of key stakeholders and target populations.
- Recognize legislations that may apply to communication interventions.
- Understand the process and needs of different media.
- Define, develop and deliver more effective messages.
- Prepare and deliver a press conference.
- Prepare an interview (live or recorded).
- Managing public consultations and community relations.
- Preparing the digital tools of your organization.
- Prepare your organization for Web 2.0 and mobile coverage.
- Apply a crisis management model for communications in exceptional or sensitive situations.
- Understand emerging trends and special issues in airport communication.
- Airport communication managers or specialists
- Airport International Relations managers
- Project managers of large or sensitive airport projects
- Airport General Manager/ Executive Director
- Airport Operations Directors, Managers, Officers and Staff
- Airport Environment Directors, Managers, Officers and Staff
- Civil Aviation Authority Officials
- Airport managers that have direct contact with the public or the press
| 10-14 December 2017
||Abu Dhabi, UAE
* This course can be taken as an elective for the Airport Management Professional Accreditation Programme (AMPAP)