Airport Safety Management Systems (SMS) Implementation*
Professional Certificate Course, *AMPAP Elective
Duration: 5 days
In order for an aerodrome to be better prepared to comply with local Civil Aviation Regulations and ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs), airport industry stakeholders must understand that safety is the number one priority for the airport industry and that it must be correctly implemented. This course provides participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to plan, develop, and implement a Safety Management System (SMS) and ensure on-going compliance with the ICAO Safety SARPs.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Introduce the ICAO Safety SARPs and Industry Best Practice within SMS.
- Understand the key principles upon which to establish an effective SMS programme.
- Describe the process to plan and implement an effective SMS.
- Exposed to the framework for creating a “safety culture” within an organization and how to address related problems.
- The influence of Human Factors in SMS.
- Airport Operations Directors, Managers, Officers and Staff
- Airport Emergency Managers, Safety Managers, Officers and Staff
- Civil Aviation Authority Officials
- International requirements of aviation regulation and Aerodrome Certification
- ICAO Annex 19 and Doc 9859
- Human Factors in SMS
- Safety Culture
- Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- SMS Implementation
- Accident and Incident Investigation
- Safety related Key Performance Indicators
- Management of Change
- Quality Assurance
- The use of Aeronautical Studies and management of non-compliance
- Case studies and group exercises
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Available in Spanish, French and Arabic
| 19-23 June 2017
||Airport SMS Implementation
||Montreal, Canada (Aéroports de Montreal)
| 21-25 August 2017
|| Airport SMS Implementation for US Airports
|24–28 September 2017
|| Airport SMS Implementation
Abu Dhabi, UAE
* This course can be taken as an elective for the Airport Management Professional Accreditation Programme (AMPAP).