24 March 2014 (Montreal) – Airports Council International (ACI) is pleased to announce this year’s inductees into ACI’s Director General’s Roll of Excellence. The honour recognizes those airports which, in the opinion of the passengers who participated in ACI’s Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Surveys, have consistently held service excellence as a top priority.
To qualify for inclusion in the Director General’s Roll of Excellence, an airport must have been ranked on the ASQ Survey in the top five airports by size or region for five of the last six years (2008-2013). Since 2011, 21 airports have been inducted into the Roll of Excellence.
This year sees the following six airports join the élite group:
- Cairo International Airport
- Sangster International Airport
- Dubai International Airport
- Keflavik International Airport
- Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
- Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport
“A focus on exceeding passenger expectations is crucial if airports are to remain competitive. These six inductees to the Airport Service Quality Roll of Excellence not only understand that passengers place a high value on customer service, but have also taken steps to ensure they are going above and beyond in this regard. I would like to congratulate these airports for their commitment to serving passengers; they are a testament to the effectiveness of the ASQ Survey, which provides the information airports need to improve the passenger experience,” said Angela Gittens, Director General, ACI World.
ACI’s ASQ Survey, which has won industry recognition as a world class benchmarking programme, has grown steadily since its inception in 2006. Currently more than 285 airports participate in the ASQ Survey.
For a complete list of Roll of Excellence inductees from previous years, please visit http://www.aci.aero/Airport-Service-Quality/ASQ-Awards/ACI-Director-Generals-Roll-of-Excellence.
Click here for the PDF of this media release »
Notes for editors:
Airports Council International (ACI)—the “Voice of the World’s Airports”—is the only global trade representative of airports. The 591 regular members operate 1,861 airports in 177 countries and territories. It is a non-profit organization whose prime purpose is to represent the interests of airports and to promote professional excellence in airport management and operations.
Airport Service Quality (ASQ), which has won industry recognition as a world class benchmarking programme, has grown steadily over the years. ASQ counts over 285 airports participating in the programme. Based on the cumulative results of individual ASQ passenger satisfaction surveys, which are completed every month of the year, the programme has been scientifically designed to ensure statistical accuracy. Programme features include regular quarterly performance reports and ASQ Forums for data review and best practice sharing. Survey results are treated on a confidential basis. The aim of the programme is to allow airports to plan improvements and benchmark their customer services against other airports. It is fair to say that all airports involved in the programme have placed a high priority on customer service, having voluntarily and independently decided to join the programme.
Some of the distinguishing features of the programme include:
- Locally relevant: All airports are able to survey in their own, national language with the choice of over 30 other languages as well.
- On-site airport surveying: Questionnaires are completed with responses from passengers interviewed on the day and at the gate so that their experience is current and immediate.
- Consistent: Every airport uses the same questionnaire.
- Statistically reliable: A minimum of 1,400 passengers per annum are interviewed at each airport.
- Audited: Every year a number of airports are audited by the programme to ensure the accuracy and consistency of the data captured by survey administrators and the ACI management team.
- Impartial: ASQ is not carried out via internet or e-mail, nor is it linked to any kind of prize or other incentive for the interviewees.
- For more Information on ASQ please visit: http://www.aci.aero/Airport-Service-Quality/About-ASQ
- For more information on the ASQ Awards please visit: http://www.aci.aero/Airport-Service-Quality/ASQ-Awards
- The awards ceremony for the 2013 top performers will take place at the 2014 ACI Asia Pacific/World Annual Congress and Exhibition, which will take place in Seoul from 26-28 May.
Director, Communications and Events
Telephone: +1 514 373 1200
Telephone: +1 514 373 1200